I read that 5 million people worldwide woke up on Christmas morning to a Kindle eBook reader. Who knows how many millions got their hands on an iPad or other tablet with a Kindle app ready to go.
Great gifts, but you need something to put on them.
And despite there being over 900,000 books in the Amazon store, there is a frightening lack of cricket coaching advice for a device that you can slip into your bag.
Fortunately Kindle reads all eBooks and not just the ones from Amazon.
So here are the 10 most high-quality coaching books that you can download from PitchVision Academy and get to reading to improve your game in 2012.
- Batting Lion: The Desmond Haynes Masterclass
- Gary Palmer - Batting Mechanics: How to Bat with the Techniques and Tactics of World Class Players
- Shayamal Vallabhjee – The Handbook of Cricket Drills
- Adrian Shaw - Wicketkeeping Drills, Tips and Training
- David Hinchliffe - Countdown to Summer: The Guide to Perfect Preseason Training
- David Hinchliffe - How to Use Mental Training to Boost Your Game
- Ian Pont - Attacking Batting: 8 Innovative Shots That Escalate Your Run Rate
- Nic Northcote - Wicket-Keeping: The Ultimate Guide to Mastering the Art
- Shayamal Vallabhjee - Sports Vision Training for Cricket
- Laurence Houghton - How to Instantly Improve Net Practice with BATEX
And the bonus if there is a lady in your life who wants to learn more about the world's greatest game is Point to Fine Leg - The Modern Woman's Complete Guide to Cricket by our very own convert Stacey Harris.
Most of the eBooks also have other content you can use at any PC or Mac too. So it’s double the fun and ten times the improvement.