Quick cricket tip: Team fielding drill
This is a great drill for working every fielding skill for the whole team. It covers underarm throwing, overarm throwing, catching, backing up and shying at the stumps.
You can use it as a skills drill or, with several balls, a skills conditioning drill:
- The coach (wk) starts the game by rolling the ball to position 1
- The fielder at position 1 completes a 1 handed pickup and underarm throw through the cones to the fielder at position 2. Then runs to position 2.
- Position 2 picks up the ball 2 handed and throws the ball to the stump at position 3. Then runs to position 3.
- The fielder at position 3 catches the ball and has a shy at the stumps. Then runs to position 4.
- The fielder at position 4 backs up the shy and returns the ball to the coach. Then runs to position 1.
- Repeat as many times as possible.