This is a great drill for working every fielding skill for the whole team. It covers underarm throwing, overarm throwing, catching, backing up and shying at the stumps.
You can use it as a skills drill or, with several balls, a skills conditioning drill:
- The coach (wk) starts the game by rolling the ball to position 1
- The fielder at position 1 completes a 1 handed pickup and underarm throw through the cones to the fielder at position 2. Then runs to position 2.
- Position 2 picks up the ball 2 handed and throws the ball to the stump at position 3. Then runs to position 3.
- The fielder at position 3 catches the ball and has a shy at the stumps. Then runs to position 4.
- The fielder at position 4 backs up the shy and returns the ball to the coach. Then runs to position 1.
- Repeat as many times as possible.
More fielding drills soon, so subscribe for updates.© Copyright miSport Holdings Ltd 2008
Want More Cricket Coaching Tips? Get the FREE newsletter!
If you liked this article and you want more advice, then you can get even more tips delivered to your email inbox every week from PitchVision Academy! The email newsletter is packed with advice from world-class names like Nathan Bracken, Kevin Pietersen, Mark Garaway and many, many more. Plus it's totally free, forever!