Closing date: 2nd June 2015
Job Summary: the Digital Video Producer is responsible for driving the video content production and delivery processes for all digital channels and will work to improve the quality, consistency and reach of video content through creative development and timely delivery. A key focus for the role will be delivering best in class video content from the England camp. It will also oversee all the ECB’s video output, and is the go to person for any video related queries. They will also provide advice and guidance for best practice and provide video guidelines for all ECB videos production to conform too.
Role Context/Organisation Structure: this role sits within the Digital Team and reports to the Digital Content Manager. This is a new position and will play a key role in achieving the four pillars of the digital strategy - Product Excellence, Best in Class Content Production, Growing Revenues Responsibly and Growing our Reach.
Facts and Figures: ECB’s annual content output equates to 3,000+ videos and 5,000 pages, with more than 50 million page views across its main website. ECB already has a large social media community with 1.8m followers on Facebook, 485,000 on Twitter, 280,000 on Google+, 48,000 on Instagram, 55,000 subscribers on YouTube.
Key Working Relationships: work closely with Digital Content Editor (England) and Digital
Content Manager, Digital Content Editors, Social Media Manager, Head of Marketing, Analytics
Manager, Media Managers, Head of Digital, England Team and Management.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure consistent and coherent video output across all ECB’s digital channels, social media and 3rd party channels
- Day to day management of ECB’s external video output to set the news production agenda for ECB website and extended channels
- Assist in forward content planning around major events, competitions and series, and scheduling of all other production requirements across ECB’s channels to satisfy both the forward content plan and ad-hoc internal demands
- Build and maintain relationships with Media Managers around England teams and domestic competitions to facilitate best possible output by the content team from international and county cricket
- Work closely with Head of Digital, Social Media Manager, Digital Content Team, Commercial Team and Head of Marketing to structure content production around England teams
- Guide an array of external video producers around England team, county game and recreational cricket to deliver a consistently excellent stream of highlights, feature and interview content
- Interpret usage data supplied by Analytics Manager to constantly improve ECB’s video output and user/viewing metrics
- Champion the use of creative video content within the ECB
- Aiding the delivery of all video content aspects of digital media projects to time, cost and quality benchmarks, with particular emphasis on the production of time-sensitive news content
- Establishing and maintaining high levels of quality and consistency across the ECB’s digital video output
- Developing the ECB’s creative use of archive video content
- Working closely with ECB Partners to develop joint video features
People Manager Responsibilities and Accountabilities N/A
Person Specification at least four years in a senior video production role within a digital environment, ideally within sport
- Experienced in high quality video editing, production and delivery across multiple digital channels, website, social, 3rd party distribution
- Experienced in filming interviews and features and live footage
- Experienced in audio production/sound engineering
- Will be highly adept at using desktop video production software
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in a high-paced environment
- Understanding of the major digital video editing software formats and delivery platforms
- Will have experience editing interviews and features
- Will have experience in altering tone and output depending on the delivery platform
- Will be experienced in producing video content for a high profile organisation, broadcaster or publication
- Experience of working in a high-pressured elite sports environment
- Experience of educating departments across organisations
- Good understanding and knowledge of cricket at all levels
- Good understanding of the restrictions associated with sports rights
Special skills, behaviours and characteristics
- At ease around players and team management, leading officials, and sports participants at all levels
- Ability to lead and inspire people spread across multiple tasks in multiple locations
Additional Information the possibility of some anti-social working hours and long periods on overseas tour
This job description is only a summary of the role as it currently exists and is not exhaustive or comprehensive. The responsibilities and accountabilities might differ from those outlined and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Click here to apply