Stop Scoring Pretty but Pointless Twenties (And Start Making "Daddy" Hundreds)
by Dr. Laurence Houghton MSc, Honours, BSc; University of Western Australia.
How many times have you seen a pretty 20 or 30 get wasted and a big hundred thrown away? BATEX solves that problem by using simple audio cues to make nets more realistic and let the runs flow.
Traditional net practice seems specifically designed to teach batsmen how to look good for a while then get out to a silly shot. What else is 10 minutes of random hitting against average bowling designed for?
It’s frustrating to know that there was no technical fault that got you out; just your own lack of fitness or concentration.
Yet we continue to use nets in the same way: not running between the wickets and certainly not in the same rhythm of a match. It’s obvious that if you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
When you use BATEX you are training body and mind to make big scores.
Nets are transformed into sessions where you are practicing as if you were actually scoring a hundred. That means when you go out into the middle you know exactly what it’s like to power through different stages; building a perfect innings.
Player averages start to soar. Team totals begin to rise. Runs can’t be ignored and selectors start using phrases like “knocking on the door”.
Once batting standards improve everyone gets noticed: Batsmen with aims of becoming a professional can start to picture the life of scoring runs for a living and spending summer days getting paid to play the game they love.
Team coaches bask in the glory of producing excellent batsmen and giving something back.
Meanwhile, captains can enjoy the respect gained from more trophies in the cabinet at the end of the season.
Instantly Make Net Practice Valuable
BATEX creates a unique training environment from a normal net session. Using a simple audio cue track that can be played during indoor or outdoor practice, the system:
- Tells players how many runs they need to score in 6 different game scenarios. As players have to decide when to run - and then actually run - they are improving tactical awareness and fitness at the same time
- Cues when the ball is fed at intervals similar to a game. So unlike a normal net where balls are delivered every few seconds, the batsman gets a feel for the pause between balls, learning how to “switch off” and “switch on,” just like in a match.
- Allows players to bat alone, in pairs or in threes. This improves the efficiency of group training and gives each batsman more time at the crease in a realistic situation.
- Is spilt into 6 20 minute blocks based on different points in an innings. You can pick and choose based on your needs and time available.
- Comes with a 19 page e-manual containing a complete 12 month training programme using BATEX. The guide shows you how to use BATEX in any situation whether you are a well-resourced Academy coach or a player popping down to the park nets.
Get the BATEX files and e-manual now.
Why BATEX Works
My name is Laurence Houghton. I play club cricket and as a former student at Loughborough University I have seen firsthand how hard the best cricketers train. I’m currently researching batting performance at the University of Western Australia. I developed BATEX for my PhD project: “The development and implementation of a simulated cricket batting innings for testing and training.”
I was frustrated by the lack of realism in net sessions too. I decided to develop a better way and came up with BATEX.
I have run BATEX literally hundreds of time using batsmen from ordinary club players to elite level professionals. I was using it to gather data for research but the more I used it the better feedback I got.
I used players from the University cricket team in my research and they were using BATEX a couple of times a week during the season. The strange thing was that one day, a few month into the research, a player came to me and thanked me for letting him use BATEX.
It had turned his form around and he was getting runs.
He said he was feeling more confident at the crease.
He was going out to bat in the knowledge he had virtually played the innings before.
It was a revolution in training to him.
I asked around and other player reported the same. It was so simple to set up they had even started using it in their normal net sessions. I certainly couldn’t use this feedback in my research but what I could do was pass on this transformation to other cricketers around the world.
So now I’m giving you the chance to change your game with BATEX.
To get instant access to: the BATEX e-manual, 41 minute audio and all the BATEX files you need to transform your next net session, click the green buy button now.
Please note: this is an online course where the eBook and audio are all available instantly online. There is no physical product to be delivered so you get instant unlimited access.