David and Kevin scratch their heads over this week's theme of umpiring. Many times club players find themselves having to umpire games and a good understanding of the Laws is important but how many of us can say we really know what we are doing?
Ian Pont is also back with his regular fast bowling segment and we look at some unusual situations in the questions section. The questions include:
- How to coach the bowling action effectively to beginners.
- Being out hit wicket.
- Can the batsman hit the ball that stops before it reaches him?
- Can a batsman defend his stumps by hitting the ball again?
- Is it out if the bails come off but land back on the stumps?
- How to deal with dissent.
- What happens if the ball hits the umpire?
In next week's show we want your questions on coaching. Please contact us.
You can download the show onto your computer by right clicking on the link below and choosing "Save Target as..."
You can also subscribe to the show for free. You can add the feed to iTunes (or any podcast catching program).
The show is available to search for in iTunes. Just look for miCricketCoach in the Sport section. If you want to know how find it in iTunes there is a tutorial here.