Closing date: undisclosed (ASAP)
The ICC Academy is an exciting strategic partnership between the ICC and Dubai Sports City. It has the mission of being the acknowledged centre of excellence for world cricket. Located within Dubai Sports City, it provides a unique environment for coaching, development, and training, with outstanding world–class facilities and expertise. The ICCA is an outstanding international facility to further develop players of all abilities and ages, coaches, administrators, umpires and curators.
The ICCA Assistant Curator is responsible for supervising the ICCA cricket academy turf wickets & outfields including the practice facility and will report the ICC/DSC Head Curator.
The ICCA Assistant Curator will operate as part of a team to provide quality turf maintenance services in the provision of turf and horticultural activities, which meets both international and national requirements and standards. He will also be responsible for daily operational turf management programs.
To be successful, the incumbent will possess the ability to work under pressure & outside of regular office hours, as when required. He will also be the right-hand support of the Head Curator for all other functions.
Position Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Diploma in Sports Turf Management with a minimum of 6 years experience in the turf Industry with 3 years’ experience at a management level
- International experience and exposure
- Experience in the establishment and management of world class cricket pitches, and playing and practice facilities, particularly in a major cricket stadium
- A demonstrated understanding of the differing turf pitch attributes and soil qualities and types throughout the cricketing world will be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience of planning, organizing and supervising people and in departmental budgeting
- Must be adaptive and able to work as part of a dynamic team and also be able to work independently without supervision
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural international environment
- Have eefficient computer skills in MS Office / Outlook / Excel / Toro Irrigation Systems
Please send an updated copy of your CV and an accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to: ICCACA02 .
Please also mention your availability/notice period in your cover letter and salary expectations.