Closing date: 17th August 2016
Trent Bridge, the home of Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club, is looking to recruit a full-time ASSISTANT GROUNDSPERSON to work as part of a small team based mainly at its Lady Bay ground.
A key element of the role will be working closely with the Head Groundsman and his Deputy in preparing playing surfaces, practice areas and outfields of the highest possible standard at the training ground for the First XI, Second XI and Academy teams.
You will have a proven track record of preparing cricket pitches and practice nets. An ability to prepare top quality playing surfaces will give you a definite advantage. An NVQ Level 3 in Amenity Horticulture (Sports Turf Management) is preferred but not essential.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work to dead-lines, to communicate effectively with other team members, to work alone as well as part of a team and will have a “can do” attitude.
Please note that this role does include weekend and evening work in the summer on a structured basis.
If you would like to join us please contact The Business Support Manager on 0115 982 3000 for an application form, role profile and person specification. Details can also be downloaded from the
Club’s website at www.nottsccc.co.uk
To apply please send your completed Application Form, your supporting CV if you have one and your covering letter to:
The Business Support Manager,
Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club,
Trent Bridge, Nottingham NG2 6AG
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 17th August 2016
Interviews will be held in late August or early September
No agencies please
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY CRICKET CLUB
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT GROUNDSPERSON
Reporting to the Head Groundsman & Deputy Head Groundsman
1. RELEVANT GENERAL OBJECTIVES
- Work flexibly to undertake a wide variety of activities which support the Head Groundsman and his Deputy in carrying out their role.
- Help to maintain Test Match status through meeting all ECB performance criteria.
- Help to develop Trent Bridge as an International ground of the highest repute.
- Commit to an open and challenging culture where outstanding performance is the norm.
2. SPECIFIC ROLE PROFILE
- Based mainly at the Lady Bay/Academy ground, which is the Club’s second ground, and also occasionally at Trent Bridge.
- Assist the Head Groundsman and his Deputy in preparing playing surfaces, practice areas and outfields of the highest possible standard for all matches staged by Nottinghamshire CCC, including International, First-Class, Limited Overs, Second XI, Academy, County Board and Friendly matches.
- Edge the playing areas and maintain the surrounds of the playing area in excellent condition.
- Assist and take direction from the Head Groundsman and his Deputy in placing and removing covering from the playing area when required and assist in the removal of surface water from the playing area.
- Repair the footholds to excellent conditions as communicated from time to time by the Head Groundsman or his Deputy.
- Assist whenever required with the erection of nets and other practice facilities.
- Operate ground equipment in accordance with the standard operating procedure for such equipment and maintain safety as a prime concern.
- Ensure Health & Safety issues are at the forefront in all work undertaken with relevant Risk Assessments being completed where appropriate.
- Take direction from the Head Groundsman and his Deputy and fulfil any reasonable request or duty required by them.
- Any other duties laid down from time-to-time consistent with the grading of the post.
3. MEASURABLE KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- To be appraised annually as a good team member working in co-operation with all members of the Groundstaff team.
Click here to apply