Closing date: 16th February 2015
1. Job Summary The Head of Commercial Partnerships Manager is responsible for managing the commercial partnerships team and ensures delivery of all broadcast, title & official partner rights. The role will also be the right hand for the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer and support strategic development in the broadcast area, commercial alignment of the wider game and route to market from 2017.
2. Role Context/Organisation Structure Reporting to the CSMO the role has 4 direct reports.
3. Facts and Figures Works with the CSMO to deliver up to 5 commercial partner relationships with a value of circa £100M to the ECB annually.
4. Key Working Relationships: Direct reports, Commercial Leadership Team, ECB Leadership Team, PCA, external agencies, FCC Commercial Directors and Chief Executives.
5. Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities - Job specific
- Build a high performing team
- Manage the delivery through the team of all partner commercial rights
- Build and implement a planning process and ways of working with our commercial partners
- Assist CSMO on broadcast strategy and key strategic projects
- Ensure fact based evaluation of all our commercial assets
- Build strong senior management relationships within our commercial partners
- Build commercial models for new competitions
- Recommend commercial rights packages and route to market from 2017
- Drive commercial alignment across FCCs
- Contribute to driving the overall commercial strategy
6 People Manager Responsibilities and Accountabilities: 4 direct reports
7 Person Specification
- At least 10/15 years in a commercial environment
- Basic understanding and knowledge of cricket
- Experience in building new or existing competitions
- Understanding of broadcast market and how to service
- Proven track record of managing and growing revenue through sponsors
- Ability to build strong relationships with key external stakeholders
- Experience of building process, ways of working and collaboration
- Experience in commercial or sponsorship account management either at a governing body or within an agency
Special skills, behaviours and characteristics
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking and numerical skills
- Strong influencing and conflict management skills
This job description is only a summary of the role as it currently exists and is not exhaustive or comprehensive. The responsibilities and accountabilities might differ from those outlined and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.