Closing date: 25th August 2015
Job Summary The Commercial Partnerships Manager sits in the Commercial Team and is responsible for maintaining the relationships with, and delivering the contracted rights of, all the ECB’s Commercial Partners.
Role Context / Organisation Structure Reporting to the Head of Commercial Partnerships, the Commercial Partnership Manager will manage a selection of the ECB’s commercial partners, overseeing the delivery of all contracted requirements whilst liaising with all relevant internal departments, external suppliers and county cricket clubs who play a part in delivering these rights.
Facts and Figures Works with the Head of Commercial Partnerships to deliver approximately 5 commercial partner relationships with a value of circa £80M to the ECB annually.
Key Working Relationships Other Commercial Partnership Managers; Commercial Director; Head of Commercial Partnerships; Head of Commercial Rights; Head of Marketing; Marketing Managers; Media Managers; New Business Managers; Digital Media department
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities - Job specific
- Be a day-today contact for all personnel at each of their assigned title sponsors & official partners and be responsible for the delivery of all their contracted rights
- Work with Head of Commercial Partnerships & Commercial Director on key strategic projects e.g. future sponsorship strategy, Women’s Cricket Super League etc.
- Facilitate forward-year planning of activity with commercial partners and other ECB departments and deliver concise end-of-year reviews
- Be commercial point of contact at major match days across the season – liaising with and managing all key commercial stakeholders at the grounds as well as match day operational agencies/staff and work with the ECB events teams to ensure commercial partners rights are delivered on match day
- Develop effective working relationships with PCA & TEPP to deliver partner player rights
- Develop effective working relationships across the business to allow dissemination of sponsors rights/benefits throughout the ECB
- Identify and deliver added value and revenue opportunities within existing partners
- Assist the New Business Team with the development of new commercial packages and renewals of expiring commercial contracts
People Manager Responsibilities and Accountabilities N/A
- At least 3 years in an account management role, preferably within a sporting environment
- Basic understanding and knowledge of cricket
- Experience in dealing with a range of accounts and contacts simultaneously
- Experience in commercial or sponsorship account management either at a sports rights holder or within an agency
Special skills, behaviours and characteristics
- At ease dealing with high level individuals at commercial partners as well as player, team management and counties
- Ability to work under immense pressure and to strict time restraints
- Comfortable working in a close team environment whilst liaising with numerous people across other departments
Additional Information (e.g. anti-social working hours, long periods on overseas tour……)
The Commercial Partnerships Manager role will involve periods of time travelling within England and Wales and staying away from home for up to 7 nights at a time (including weekend working) during the cricket season. Lieu days apply for any weekends worked. Working hours significantly increase throughout the cricket season.
This job description is only a summary of the role as it currently exists and is not exhaustive or comprehensive. The responsibilities and accountabilities might differ from those outlined and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.