CRICKET JOBS: Head Coach - Hong Kong CC (HK)
Closing date: 4th March 2016
Established in 1851, the Hong Kong Cricket Club, a private members club with a strong sports emphasis, is actively seeking high calibre professional candidates with a view to filling the position of Head Cricket Coach. The incumbent will organize and conduct the Club’s Junior and Senior cricket programs and deliver quality planned sessions to the Club, with the intention to improve the performance of both individuals and the teams. The successful candidate is committed to quality customer service, safety and the pursuit of excellence in delivery of the Club’s cricket coaching and related programs.
About Hong Kong Cricket Club (HKCC)
The HKCC currently enters the following teams within the HKCA domestic leagues:
- 3 x Men’s Saturday League (35 Overs)
- 3 x Men’s Sunday League (50 Overs)
- 1 x Men’s Premier League (20/20, 50 Overs and 2 day)
- 2 x Women’s League (20/20 and 35 Overs)
- 9 x U11 Junior teams
- 3 x U13 Junior teams
- 2 x U15 Junior teams
- 2 x U17 Junior teams and 1 x U19’s
In addition to the teams stated above, the HKCC also embarks on numerous overseas tours to a host of countries as well as a welcoming a host of incoming teams to the Club. The Club has participated in fixtures on Lord’s Cricket Ground, The Melbourne Cricket Ground, Sydney Cricket Ground, and a host of other leading grounds in the last 5-10 years as well as building a strong collaboration with a host of leading reciprocal clubs (Marylebone Cricket Club, Melbourne Cricket Club, and Western Province Cricket Club inclusive). The Club also runs a social Taverners team who regularly participate in 35 over fixtures on Friday afternoons at the Club.
The Club runs a thriving Junior cricket program with over 500 Junior players currently enrolled through the Gappers and Ramblers programs (ages 4 to 17 years). The player pathway program and elite development is a crucial part to the success of cricket within HKCC and Hong Kong in general. A number of the current Junior/Senior HKCC players currently represent Hong Kong at national level across both Junior and Senior Men’s and women’s national squads.
The Club is situated at 137 Wong Nai Chung Gap Road and provides a first class playing experience for all those that participate in matches on the ground. The square comprises of 6 turf pitches and 1 astro turf pitch with the ground forming an excellent reputation around the world due to its high level of performance. The Indoor cricket centre situated on the 3rd floor of the annexe building comprises of 3 lanes with all accessible to bowling machines and cameras to assist with coaching and player development.
Senior Cricket Commitments –
- Create a positive environment for members to play and learn the game.
- Oversee player selection into the various HKCC teams in conjunction with the Captain of Cricket.
- Manage the professional cricket coaching staff and allocate their roles accordingly.
- Structure 2 x weekly training sessions throughout the cricket season.
- Create a pre-season training program for all HKCC teams and manage the HKCC trials for perspective new members to sign up and take part in.
- Work closely with the HKCC Women’s Head Coach in creating an environment that caters for and challenges players of all ages and abilities.
- Organize the HKCC Indoor Cricket League.
- Act as a resource for all HKCC captains in terms of discussing the game and the finer details of their squads.
- Oversee the integration of juniors into the various senior teams.
- Compile player attendance logs for all players who attend training and work with the Captain of Cricket to monitor sporting member’s commitments.
- Work closely with the Tour Manager and Captain of Cricket for all overseas HKCC tours. Convene all incoming tours to the Club in terms of fixturing/post match events.
- Attend the Club’s annual end of season dinner and assist with the running of the evening.
- Represent HKCC in the HKCA Premier League games. Participation in the HKCA Sunday league is at the discretion of the Captain of Cricket.
- Assist the Captain of Cricket in terms of creating the annual budget and purchasing of equipment.
Junior Cricket commitments -
- Oversee all Junior cricket programs, player pathways and coaching courses.
- Ensure that all Junior cricket is carried out within a safe and friendly environment.
- Devise and manage the Gappers program which is scheduled for Saturday mornings at HKCC. This includes; coach allocation, Gapper of the day awards, Gapper of the month awards and collaborating with sponsors of the Gappers program.
- Manage the HKCC professional cricket coaches and allocate them accordingly to convene various age group squads/sessions.
- Work closely with the Hong Kong Cricket Association in terms of promoting HKCC Juniors who are deemed to be eligible for trials within the various HKCA national age group squads.
- Oversee the HKCC Junior elite academy which is devised to manage the player pathway for the leading 7-8 junior cricketers within the U13-U17 age groups.
- Attend the Club’s annual end of season Junior awards night and work with the Gappers convener in terms of the running of the evening.
- Convene the quarterly Junior cricket committee meetings.
- Play a prominent role in the development of the game within the local community and schools.
- Structure an internal Junior cricket indoor league.
Additional roles -
- Assist with the Half term sports camps at HKCC and any other community engagements that the club aligns to through Cricket/Sport.
- Complete monthly cricket reports for the Sports Development Manager and General Committee.
- Act as the point of contact for all cricket related enquiries from HKCC members and those enquiring to join the Club or make various bookings.
- Create a positive club culture amongst the cricket section and work closely with other sporting sections and non-playing members within the Club.
- Work with HKCC Ground staff in providing feedback on the playing surface and working closely with any changes that are scheduled to the upkeep of the ground.
- Work closely with the Head Coach and Director of Cricket at the Hong Kong Cricket Association in understanding the direction that the association is taking the game forward in Hong Kong.
The successful applicant should ideally hold a minimum UKCC Level 3 qualification or equivalent grade and hold a current first aid qualification as well as having a clear understanding of the Child Protection and Health/Safety requirements.
The successful applicant must possess a strong ability to motivate teams, and individuals and be able to work in an individual coaching environment and build relationships and trust between players and coaches.
A competitive package will be offered to the right candidate. Please submit full resume, covering letter and expected remuneration to The Hong Kong Cricket Club, Sports Development Manager, 137 Wong Nai Chung Gap Road, Hong Kong or email: xxxxxxx
- Login to post comments