Closing date: 21st March 2014
Cricket South Africa (“CSA”) is the national governing body for the sport of cricket in South Africa and administers all aspects of South African cricket. We are committed to making Cricket a true national sport and to provide windows of opportunity for the development of the sport within the amateur cricket spheres of South Africa.
This role reports to the Youth Cricket Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for the development of players from Semi-Professional into Franchise cricket within the academy structures in order to deliver a seamless pipeline that is responsive to the needs of cricket development, referred to as the “Transition Phase 3”.
Main job duties/responsibilities:
- Serve as the Head coach of the SA U/19 team in all bilateral tours as arranged by CSA as well as in all ICC events
- Serve as a selector of the SA Schools and SA U/19 teams
- Attend the National U/17 Week, Coca Cola Kaya Majola Cricket Week and Franchise Cubs Week
- To serve as the Head coach for the CSA Talent Acceleration Programme (TAP) by :
- managing the TAP and the CSA scouts within the structure
- Giving input into running of the Black African U/16 Camp
- providing content, guidance for the Regional U/17 Camps
- Provide content and lead the Regional U/19 Camps
- attending each of the above mentioned camps
- Providing reports to the Youth Cricket Manager after each camp held
- Ensuring the existence of a database of players
- Ensuring that all identified players are in procession of a personal development plan
- To ensure that a structured process of monitoring is in place for all identified players during schools cricket leagues and national weeks
- To identify specific players to be handed over and monitored by the National Academy structure
- Implement effective reporting processes for varied stakeholders including external ones.
- Manage, implement and monitor the budget and financial reporting effectively.
Skills; Qualifications and experience
- Relevant 3 year tertiary education qualification in Sports Management / Sport Development and Coaching or equivalent. A post-graduate degree would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a sports practitioner.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong stakeholder relations.
- Ability to establish, collate, manage data and to interpret statistics for managing the development programme in a sustainable manner.
- Conflict management and resolution skills
- Multiple stakeholder management and relationship management
Head Coach SA U19
- Strong Project management experience
- Good understanding of Elite Coaching and High Performance principles.
- Knowledge of cricket fraternity or business.
- Committed to advancing transformation in Cricket.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Suite.
In addition the following would be important: Strategic thinking and Analysis, Decision making ability; Good verbal communication and writing skills; Problem Solving, Quality and Result orientation; Multidisciplinary teamwork; Strong inter-personal skills; Emotional intelligence; Facilitation Skills; Highly organized; Ability to work well under pressure. Capacity to work non-standard hours including ad-hoc travel. A good understanding of the game of cricket is essential.
Qualifying candidates can apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a comprehensive CV, copy of SA ID, copies of qualifications and at least two contactable references. All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Short listed candidates will undergo interviews and possible additional assessments.
The closing date for all applications is 21 March 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closure of the advert (04 April 2014), please consider your application as unsuccessful.