Closing date: 2nd May 2014
Head Coach for the Australian Cricket Team for Cricketers with an Intellectual Disability
The position of Head Coach for the Australian team for players with an intellectual disability is responsible for the individual skill development and team performance of the Australian team in the lead up to and during the 2015 Tri Nations tournament. The event is to be held in March 2015 in Melbourne against South Africa and England.
- Develop a program that facilitates excellence in team and individual preparation and performance and in the lead up to the Tri Nations tournament.
- Report to Cricket Australia and have overall responsibility for the performance of the Australian team.
- Lead and manage a team of satellite coaches throughout states and territories that will develop players in the lead up to the national team training camp prior to the tournament.
- Plan and deliver the national team training camp and be a member of the selection panel. • Report and have accountability to Cricket Australia
- Coaching experience at Premier/Grade level or higher
- Minimum Representative Coaching Accreditation (level 2) required however High Performance
Coaching Accreditation (level 3) desired.
- Experience in coaching your own club/team and a history of successfully developing players
- A demonstrated history of coaching athletes with a disability will be highly regarded but not essential
- Strong communication, interpersonal and management skills are required. The focus will be on •Creating a positive team environment where players can develop individually and the team can flourish.
- The successful candidate will need to develop the existing talent technically and tactically, whilst identifying and integrating new talent into a team culture that is both challenging and supportive.| 1 • The Head Coach will be responsible for setting out and then executing plans for the development of the team. Central to these will be the ability to manage the playing and coaching resources at their disposal to the greatest effect.
- Develop effective working relationships with satellite coaches within all states and territories, to ensure players are up-skilled in the lead up to the Tri Nations tournament.
- The closing date for applications will be Friday 2nd May.
- Letters of application and full CVs should be sent by email to email@example.com • For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Aaron Dragwidge either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (03) 9653 9990.