Closing date: 31st October 2016
Reports to: Director of Sports
Salary: €30,000 – 35,000 dependent on experience and qualifications (on a self-employed basis and reviewed after a trial period)
Benefits: The position holder will be provided with accommodation as part of the package
Contract Duration: 2 years
Based at: La Manga Club, Murcia, Spain
Contract Context: La Manga Club’s new European Cricket Performance Centre and existing eight high performance football pitches require a new head groundsman to manage and oversee the new grass and artificial turf cricket facilities and football pitches, all hosting regular international and domestic matches on international standard pitches.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Planning of the day to day work programme including the planning of off peak work.
- Prepare and maintain the two cricket squares and outfields for club, representative and international
- Allocation, operation, maintenance and security of plant, tools and equipment ensuring that the right
- resources are available.
- Supervision, motivation, work load planning of 3 to 4 groundstaff, the number will vary with surface
- Ordering and purchasing all stores and materials, including expendable items and poisons.
- Management and delivery of set budget.
- Control and safe use of all potentially dangerous substances and equipment; ensuring that staff and volunteers are instructed in their safe use and use of relevant safety equipment.
- Supervision as required of work undertaken by contractors to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the Health and Safety Act.
- Preparation of appropriate reports and correspondence, and attendance at meetings as necessary.
- Development of all ground staff, enabling them to meet the standards of work required by LMC.
- To provide a helpful and professional service to users of the facilities including players, managers and
- Produce cricket “pitch” plan in-line with fixture lists in advance of each 6-month period.
- Produce cricket 'pitches' to international standards.
- There are no set hours of work, work load is controlled by the standard and usage of the surfaces.
- Prepare and maintain the playing surfaces (Football and Cricket) to the ECFPC to international standard.
- Prepare and maintain to international standard all practice and net areas at the ECFPC.
- Operate and maintain ground equipment in accordance with standard operating and safety procedures.
If this opportunity interests you, please email a CV and a covering letter addressed to the project Sports Surface Consultant:
Alan Lewis MSc NDT F inst G, Alan Lewis Limited
, 1A Crowmeole Lan, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY3 8AX
Email: email@example.com Mobile: +44 (0)7484 074904
Closing date for applications is 31st October 2016
Should you be successful in making the short-list following the application process, please note that interviews will take place during November 2016
Download the full Job Description