Closing date: 14th March 2014
Promote Participation - Encourage anyone with a love of the game to contribute to, and in, the club's success.
Seek Excellence - Instil a passion for excellence into everything we do, both on and off the field.
Develop Players - Take the lead, especially with young people, in helping players to be as good as they can be: both for their own benefit, and for the good of the club and of cricket in general.
Embrace Integrity - Let the "Spirit of Cricket" be our guide to competition throughout the club.
Pursue Enjoyment - Maximise everyone's enjoyment of the Bath Cricket Club experience
Salary - Starting at up to £20,000 (depending on experience)
Location - Bath
Job Type - Lead Cricket Coach
Hours - Average 37.5 hours/week (spread unevenly across the year)
Contact Address - North Parade Bridge Road, Bath, Somerset, BA2 4EX
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description :
Bath Cricket Club is seeking to amalgamate various strands of its cricket coaching activities into a single role, with the scope to develop and grow various aspects into the future. Working alongside the Cricket Manager, the role has three distinct, yet interlocking, areas of work:
1. Community (CricketBath)
This includes the organisation and delivery of existing cricket sessions within schools, continuing and developing our range of holiday and other cricket courses as well as seeking to engage further with the local community.
2. Bath CC Youth cricket
This will involve leadership of the club’s extensive youth section as well as coaching within that section. Organising and managing a group of coaches, the lead coach will also need to set the agenda for each group, ensure efficient and effective delivery of coaching, provide effective administrative support and develop effective relationships with volunteers, parents and other key partners.
3. General Bath CC cricket activities
The lead coach will support the Cricket Manager in the delivery of Senior coaching – both male and female – help to develop and maximise the use of the Bath Indoor Cricket Centre and to assist with any number of small tasks which make all aspects of Bath CC run efficiently and successfully.
Job Responsibilities :
The successful applicant will be expected to continue and enhance the following current community /club activities at Bath CC (as outlined below) as well as assisting the Cricket Manager in the general organisation of our coaching and match programme:
- Liaise with BANES Schools co-ordinator and deliver K2CC cricket coaching in Primary schools
- 2 schools for each school term - 10 hours per week x 6 terms
- October Half term course - 5 days. 6 hours per day
- Evening coaching courses (Oct-Dec) - 8 week course. 3.5hrs per week
- Christmas Holiday course - 3 or 4 days. 6 hours per day
- February HT course - 5 days. 6 hours per day
- Bath CC Youth Winter coaching - 4 hours per week x 9 weeks
- Bath CC Senior Winter coaching - 3 hours per week x 9 weeks
- Easter Holiday Course - 3 or 4 days. 6 hours per day
- “Stumpers” ( = 5-8 year olds coaching sessions) - 1 hr/week x 12 weeks (Summer)
- Bath CC Youth summer coaching/matches - Approx 7 hrs per week x 10 weeks
- Bath CC Senior Summer Training - 2.5hrs per week x 16 weeks
- May HT Coaching Course - 4 days. 6 hours per day
- Kwik Cricket festivals - 3 x festivals = approx. 12 hours
- Girls Kwik Cricket sessions - 2 hrs per week x 7 weeks
- Summer Holiday Courses - 3 x 5 days. 6 hours per day
The successful applicant will also be expected to carry out the following general tasks :
- Support for the work of the Cricket manager where necessary, with particular responsibility with regard to the running of youth cricket at Bath CC, including :
- Organisation and management of the team of coaches delivering effective and efficient youth cricket, setting agenda and ensuring smooth running of each squad, administrative support, overseeing system of talent ID
- Make significant contribution to the running of the Bath Indoor Cricket Centre, and to seek to maximise use of this facility.
- Duties in support of other staff members when required/necessary
- Seek ways to enhance and improve the current scope of community / club cricket activities.
You will have a love of cricket and a desire to share that love of the game with others. You will be dynamic, flexible, approachable, a good team worker, self-motivated and keen to learn and develop your skills further. You will have considerable coaching experience in cricket (and other sports) at a variety of levels, with particular expertise and experience working with children. You will be a good communicator who will also be able to work with a variety of partners and, ideally, will have some experience in sports development.
You will have or be willing to gain the following qualifications:
- Minimum of UKCC Level 2 or equivalent in Cricket Coaching plus membership of the ECBCA
- A valid driving licence
- First aid certificate
- Awareness of Health and Safety Legislation
The successful applicant will need to undergo a DBS check (formerly CRB)
Terms and Conditions
- The job is full time with an average of 37.5 hours per week over the year. Flexible hours are required, including some weekend work from time to time as well as some longer hours at certain times of year.
- Starting salary up to £20,000 depending on skills and experience.
- Holiday entitlement : 20 days plus day off in lieu of work done on Bank Holidays
- For further information about the Club please see the website www.bathcricket.com
For further information about the role please contact Ian Shrubsole (Cricket Director) on 07952 619011
To apply please send a CV and covering letter – to include relevant experience, current salary/salary expectations and the names of two referees by Friday 14th March 2014 either by email to email@example.com or by post to
Bath CC, North Parade Bridge Road, Bath, BA2 4EX Telephone: 01225 425935