Closing date: 26th August 2016
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the nation’s premier sporting bodies, with the vision for Cricket to be Australia’s favourite sport. CA offers an exciting and dynamic working environment, and is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket nationally.
As part of our aim to be Australia’s favourite sport and a sport for all Australians, CA’s strategy is to inspire children to try cricket and provide them with engaging formats of the game to develop their skills and have fun. As the National Field Force Manager, you will be accountable for leading the Australian Cricket field team of Junior Participation Specialist and work with State and Territory Game and Market development teams to deliver a variety of entry level programs to schools, Cricket Clubs, indoor centres and other private providers.
Your outstanding stakeholder management skills, commitment to high standards, and field sales experience are critical to achieving Australian cricket’s ambitions for Market Development in growing participation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of effective engagement strategies to ensure cricket is favoured grassroots game for all Australians
- Ensure national market development programs are implemented to the highest quality and seek feedback for continuous improvement
- Review the effectiveness of the current G&MD field structure and make recommendations as to the most effective and efficient model
- Identify the key competencies required for a world class field force and develop the training program to indoctrinate these elements
- Ensure G&MD field representatives (both paid and volunteer) receive training in quality program delivery and sales skills development.
- Ensure effective utilisation of business support tools to drive the efficiency of cricket and school program administration and to enable delivery of compelling sales proposals.
- Leverage existing relationships and investment at state and regional levels
- Foster team work across the states and territories
To become a part of this driven, hardworking and friendly team you should possess:
- Strong influencing, engagement and stakeholder management relationship skills are essential
- The ability to think strategically and on a national level
- Proven capability to lead, inspire and manage a remote team
- A one team customer focused approach with the capacity to deal with a national and remote team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Relevant tertiary qualifications in addition to a sports development background or territory sales would be highly desirable. Superior skills in stakeholder management, communication, knowledge sharing, relationship management and a ‘can-do’ attitude are also vital. If you are ready to make a difference and help cricket to become Australia’s favourite sport, we look forward to hearing from you.
Cricket Australia offer a competitive salary package and extensive employee benefits including, salary packaging, gym access and discounts with our corporate partners.
The role will be based in Cricket Australia’s Head Office (next to the MCG in Jolimont). To apply for this excellent opportunity all applications must be made online by 26 August 2016.
Due to a high volume of applications we may not be able to reply immediately and if you should you not hear from us in 2 weeks, unfortunately your application has not been successful this time.
Click here to apply