Cricket Operations Officer - Representative Cricket: Cricket New South Wales
Closing Date: 23rd September 2013.
Cricket NSW aims to be the Number 1 State for Australian player production, attendance, fan passion, team success, participation, and investment in the game.
A wonderful opportunity exists to join one of Australia's leading sporting organisations. This role is a full-time contract position and runs until 31 March 2015. This role is based in the Cricket NSW office at Moore Park, and reports to the General Manager, Cricket Operations.
The Cricket Operations department provides services for various representative team, match and practice session activities. Its future activities will range in level from ICC Cricket World Cup matches during February and March 2015, down to individual team practice sessions.
The department also administers the Sydney Cricket Association’s many competitions, and supports the activities of various boards, committees and sub-committees comprising honorary officials.
Your primary areas of responsibility will include:
- Booking of facilities for matches and team practice sessions
- Management of matches and team practice sessions
- Liaison with ground authorities and host clubs
- Provision of support for participating teams, umpires and scorers
- Rostering and management of support staff
- Ordering, storage and distribution of equipment and supplies
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Exceptional administrative skills including strong attention to detail, and the capacity to meet urgent deadlines, multi-task and prioritise
- Outstanding communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills, including the capacity to develop and maintain good stakeholder relationships, and manage staff
- The capacity to work both independently and as part of a team, with both professional staff and volunteers
- Advanced Microsoft computer skills, including in Word, Excel and Outlook
- A current and full driver’s licence
- An enjoyment of both outdoor and physical work
- A sound knowledge of elite-level cricket would be beneficial.
- The position will require significant travel within the Sydney region, and regular weekend, public holiday and after-hours work, during each cricket season.
Please telephone Cricket NSW on +61 (02) 8302 6000 with any initial queries, and for a full position description.
Applicants need to send a succinct cover note of no more than one page, and a resume of no more than two pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org The resume should include both academic, and employment, credentials.
Closing Date: Monday 23 September 2013, at 5pm
Due to the number of applications we expect to receive only those progressing to the next stage will be contacted. This will occur within 5 working days from the closing date.