Is this a typical practice session for you:
- Everyone has a bowl with a few old balls (even the non-bowlers)
- Everyone has 10 minutes in the net that turns into a bit of a slog
- When the seamers get tired they bowl spin.
- There is very little organised fielding practice.
- Things can feel aimless and get repetitive.
Players practice a lot more than they used to, but in many cases the practice is being wasted because there is no goal.
The alternative is to go to each session with a plan in mind.
Ask yourself what areas you want to work on in each practice. For example, an opening bat might want to face fast bowling with a new ball, or you may want to improve your close catching.
Whatever it is, think what practices you can do to help this and do them with your goal (or goals) in mind.
Don’t waste your valuable practice time: have a goal.
To make life easier, you can subscribe to Harrowdrive and get the latest practice session innovations to help you reach your potential.
© Copyright miSport Holdings Ltd 2008