It's been almost a year since we looked at the popular books and coaching materials available through miCricketCoach and PitchVision Academy so here is the latest list.
As you know, we sell books, videos and coaching courses on the site. Each sale is tracked so we know what's hot and what's not in the world of cricket coaching. The winner, yet again, is Bob Woolmer's comprehensive tome: Surprising considering the cost, but worth every penny in my view.
Here is the current list based on sales (so far) in 2009. How many have you got?
- Bob Woolmer's Art and Science of Cricket
- The Fast Bowler's Bible
- Chappell on Coaching: The Making of Champions
- The Art of Wrist Spin Bowling
- The Luck Factor: The Scientific Study of the Lucky (probably because of this article)
- Zone Mind, Zone Body: How to Break Through to New Levels of Fitness and Performance - by Doing Less!
- The Art of Captaincy
- SAQ Cricket: Speed, Agility and Quickness For Cricket
- Teach Cricket: A Practical Guide for Teachers, Coaches & Parents
- Skills: Cricket - Batting (Know the Game)
Bestselling Online Coaching
- Strength and conditioning for cricket at all levels
- Improve your batting with simple changes to your setup
- How to bowl faster
- How to play the perfect on, off and straight drive
- Fielding: The Derek Randall Way
- Cricket Captaincy by Mike Brearley
- How to use mental training to boost your game
- How to bat in Twenty20 cricket
- Alvin Kallicharran on cricket
- Build confidence with solid defensive technique and tactics
If you are interested in these things (and you may not be) it's worth noting that for the first time we are also selling eBooks (as you know these are books you can download and print instantly). At the moment there are only 2 eBooks (Batting Mechanics and Spin Bowling Tips) in our list, but more will be added soon. Gary Palmer's Batting eBook is far ahead in the lead mainly because it has been available for longer.