With Kevin away, David is joined by Gary Palmer and we get the final part of our interview with ECB and Lane4 psychologist Wil James.
If you missed the other parts of the interview with Wil you can get them here:
On the show this week we cover:
- The problem of coaching players with big egos.
- Why being a good coach is about more than playing experience.
- Coaching style: Telling vs. asking.
- How to drop your own ego as a coach.
- How batsmen can deal with different coaches giving different information.
- "A kick up the behind or a hand round the shoulder" is man-management more complex than that?
- How to draw out quiet players and shut up the loud ones.
- Why it's important to know yourself when you lead or captain others.
- The top 3 cricket mental training tips for young cricketers.
Don't forget this week we are giving away a free coaching course on the show. Listen to the end of the show to find out how you can do it. It's all in the subject line...
We are looking to improve the show with your help. Click here to fill in a short (less than 3 minute) survey on the miCricketCoach Show.
You can submit your own questions to the show here.
How to listen to the show
You can download the show onto your computer by right clicking on the link below and choosing "Save Target as..."
You can also subscribe to the show for free:
Click here to subscribe in iTunes.
If you don't use iTunes You can add the feed manually.