What would your perfect facility be like if you had unlimited resources? Scott at Straight to the Bar asked something similar recently and it got my mind racing.
I’d like to know what kind of thing you would like to have unlimited access too. Leave a comment with your own views.
Here is my dream set up for a club side:
- Fully maintained grass practice pitches on the edge of a good cricket square.
- Mobile netting to allow full nets and practice games.
- A range of different coloured cricket balls.
- Cones, stumps, baseball mitts and bats for conditioning, speed and fielding practice.
Ideally the club would have an indoor facility with:
All these can be used indoors or outdoors:
- Crash Mats for diving practice.
- A variety weights of medicine balls that can be used for power training.
- Different height plyometric boxes for lower body power training.
- Jump ropes for conditioning.
- Exercise balls for strength and stability work.
- Agility Ladders, resistance harnesses and mini hurdles for agility training.
- A weighted sled for strength and conditioning work.
As you can see, there is plenty there to cover cricket specific training and coaching as well as general sport strength and conditioning.
What would your setup look like?© Copyright miSport Holdings Ltd 2008