photo credit: Patrick Doheny
Want to gain bulletproof mental toughness? PitchVision Academy has a complete training course to build up your confidence, concentration and skyrocket your success.
Mental preparation is often overlooked in club cricket. Mainly because it seems more complex than it really is.
Below is my complete guide to preparing your mind for cricket, whatever level you play.
Introduction to mental tactics
- Mental training is just as effective as nets
- Self talk Part 1
- Self talk part 2
- Body language
- Routines part 1
- Routines part 2
- Cue Cards
- How to get momentum
- Have a code of conduct
- 5 ways a bowler can outwit a batsman
- How to improve your cricket decision making
- Getting the right attitude
- Staying motivated
- Practice like a physical genius
- Are you a Boycott or a Botham?
- Can you try too hard?
- Train when it doesn't count as well as when it does
- Are you teaching yourself to fail?
- How to avoid becoming Mikka Bouzu
- How to beat your own laziness once and for all
- What a 1 year old can teach you about improving your cricket
- How to avoid going quiet in the field
- The Australian attitude
Ambition and Goal Setting
- Confidence is as important as ability
- How to bounce back from failure
- Reduce opponent's confidence like Steve Waugh
- How to be relaxed and confident at the crease
- Do you have mental toughness?
- How to reduce nerves
- Confidence feels like a bank account
- How to be as fearless as a 5 year old
- How to get into the zone
- How fast can you get back to "ready"?
- Ignore context to reduce pressure
- Zone body, zone mind
- Playing one ball at a time
- How to improve your concentration
- What are your odds of succeeding?
- How to get better by failing
- 5 Ways to get back to your cricketing best
- An ugly win is still a win
- The 7 rules of success
- 3 steps to wild success
- How to succeed without talent
Other Mental Training Tips
- The law of 10,000
- What is your cricket philosophy?
- How to deal with favouritism J
- eremy Snape on mental training
- Playing the waiting game
- The rise of chirping, or Should wicketkeepers shut up?
- How to stop the yips
I will regularly update this page, so keep checking back and don’t forget to subscribe for free.
Want to gain bulletproof mental toughness to score runs and take wickets under pressure? PitchVision Academy has a complete training course to build up your confidence, concentration and skyrocket your success.