As part of our Twenty20 series to line up with the ICC World Twenty20, we take a video look at how to make the most of a T20 tournament as a young player.
In this video, I catch up with Gary Palmer as he coaches his Under 14 Academy players at a week-long tournament with up to 2 games a day.
This tournament happened in England, but the lessons learned are just as relevant for coaches and players all over the world, especially in India.
In the interview we discuss:
- How tournament compare to season
- How to handle playing in a squad rotation system
- Goal setting and self-confidence in T20 tournaments
- What to do as a parent, or a coach handling parents
- How to use your underdog status to build confidence
- Specific T20 hitting practice between games
- Running between the wickets drills
- The best attitude for tournament play to impress the coach